Originally Eric’s classification was App Developer but when Kellie Sherrill resigned from the classification of Website Design he decided that would be a better fit for their company and since it’s half of the business they do it was in compliance with our bylaws. In addition to being our resident Website Designer Eric is also our International Executives Association Ambassador. That means that he is volunteering to participate in quarterly Western Regional IEA conference calls on our behalf. Every year the IEA has a chapter host the IEA Annual Conference. Florida hosted this year’s conference and Eric volunteered to be the Executives Association of Long Beach’s representative.
Eric Speier is originally from the D.C. area. He moved to California to do film scores. One of his business partners, Mike Givens, was born and raised in Long Beach. Mike has worked in the video game industry for big companies like Blizzard and in the Toy industry for Matel. When apps were hitting the tech scene Eric, Mike and their third partner who is a programmer and shall not be named, started 5 Elements Entertainment. In addition to app development they specialize in Website Design.
Creative story telling is huge right now in advertising and more specifically in web design. 5 Elements Entertainment is great at getting inside your brand and evoking a compelling story to tell. They can creative a visually stunning website for your business or project that is functional and responsive. Responsive layouts are preferred and a great mobile site is a must. Google is actually punishing sites that are not mobile friendly.
If you have a fixed-width website (meaning it's not responsive to different size screens on different devices) consider revamping your website over the next year.
Eric and the team at 5 Elements Entertainment are available to discuss your website needs and brainstorm a solution designed specifically for you.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
Magazine: Bixby Knolls
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Steve Allen! Steve is a new member from All Souls to replace Annette Barry.
Other Membership News:
Honorary Member Dick Stolz has passed away. Rest in peace Uncle Dick. Dick's celebration of life will be this Sunday, October 29th at 2pm at The Grand Event Center.
Classification of the Month:
Featured Classification for October:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 23, 2017 – 1:30pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim’s Board Room at The Grand
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: __x_M. Thompson (P) __x__K. Gragson (VP) __x__J. Sawday (S/T)
____ R. Deeble ____S. Williams ___x_ V. Bunting __x_ J. Beeler ___T. Di Leo __x_J. Choura (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Executive Director) _x___
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the September 2017 Board Meeting
- Motion: J. Choura 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? Yes. Any Opposed? No. Motion carries.
1:35 PM J. SAWDAY FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for August and September 2017
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: V. Bunting Discussion. All in favor? Yes. Any Opposed? No. Motion Carries.
1:40 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- The membership committee would like to entice new members to join by offering the following incentives. These will be offered privately to potential new members by our Executive Director.
- We could offer a 6 month trial for new members who qualify.
1. Referred by a member in good standing
2. Focus on classifications that we know are premium classifications
3. Require 80% attendance for the first 3 months
4. Require a mentor EALB member for assimilation purposes
5. Require credit card payments.
6. Lower the entrance fee to $100
7. Reduce the quarterly fees to $265.00 for the first 6 months
This program would take some of the risk out for the new member and show them that there is a potential/actual return on their investment.
- Motion to approve new member 6 month trial incentives to be offered until April 2018.
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: J. Choura Discussion. All in favor? Yes Any Opposed? No Motion carries.
- We have had a few guests. Kellie has emailed applications to them but none have been submitted at this time.
- Mary Loos owns a magazine and is interested in joining. What classification should that be? Editor? Magazine Publisher? Jay does this conflict with Advertising? No. Jay is open to more newspapers and magazines joining the group.
- Motion to open the classification of Magazine: Bixby Knolls?
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: J. Choura Discussion. All in favor? Yes. Any opposed? No. Motion carries.
1:45 PM K. GRAGSON BUSINESS PROMOTION
- When will the committee meet again? October 30th. Do you have a date for the event? No. They were thinking October fest and are now thinking May.
- Christmas Party at the Long Beach Yacht Club. Do we have a date and reservation for this? December 1st. Machelle will email Kellie the menu and details so she can create the elites.
- Wine sponsors needed for each table? Roughly $200 per table for 4 bottles of wine. Kellie can print out the sponsors logo and frame it on the table.
1:50 PM M. THOMPSON OLD & NEW BUSINESS
- Each member give their feedback.
- The idea of having a panel of speakers present at the next meeting to discuss questions about the EALB and get feedback from the membership. No guests would be allowed at this meeting.
1:55 PM M. THOMPSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The Next Board meeting is on Monday, November 13th at The Betty Reckas Cultural Center at 1:30pm.
2:00 PM M. THOMPSON ADJOURN