About the Business:
Thanks to our more than 75 years of combined experience in assisting seniors and their families, and our comprehensive clinical backgrounds in geriatric care, nursing, physical therapy and social work, we’ve made a positive impact in the lives of hundreds of seniors and their families. With every new success story, we gain new insights into the challenges aging presents to not only the senior, but to their entire family. As “one of the family” to many of our customers, we empathize with them and understand the incredible stress of this season of life.
About the Owner:
Machelle Thompson's Certifications: PT, CMC, GCM
Machelle has worked with seniors for over 20 years as a physical therapist in acute hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health. She has worked as a licensed nursing home administrator in the Long Beach and Los Angeles area for over seven years.
Drawing upon her extensive experience, Machelle brings the following strengths to the Keen Home Care team:
- She assesses your loved one’s abilities for safe mobility in their preferred environment
- She evaluates their needs for durable medical equipment
- She performs home safety evaluations
- She recommends home modifications (if needed)
- She oversees caregiver training for mobility and transfer assistance
- She reduces fall risks and skin breakdown
- She provides education and training for home exercise programs
Machelle is also a member of the National Association of Geriatric Care Managers.