Mary has integrated herself into the Long Beach community and with her publication background she has created a magazine for the Bixby Knolls area called Bixby Neighbors. Bixby Neighbors sends their publication out to the local area of Bixby Knolls, California Heights, and Virginia Country Club. Bixby Neighbors provide a marketing and blogging in-print publication that features local families and advertises local companies in the areas for home, financial, and health care as expert contributors.
As a world traveler, web blogger, and journalist she decided to settle down in California with her husband and three kids to focus on her writing for her local community.
Mary’s talk gave insight into Best Version Media, which is the publisher of Bixby Neighbors. Best Version Media started ten years ago and has grown rapidly within those years. They have over 25 local magazines within Southern California, including Alamitos Bay, Long Beach Living, Rossmoor Living, and Seacliff Living, just to name a few. They distribute these publications through mail to local homes and businesses. Through Best Version Media, Bixby Neighbors has 3,800 magazines in circulation right now with about 90% of its customers reading the magazine.
Best Version Media works together with Mary and Bixby Neighbors to further benefit the community and enable their readers to relate to the people in the magazine. For potential companies who want to have a listing within Bixby Neighbors, or any other Best Version Media magazine, Mary Loos with be able to guide you through it.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Josh Thomson of Thomson AC in the classification of Heating & Air.
Welcome Hugh Wolf of Speeder Imaging in the classification of Signs.
Other Membership News:
Welcome new Executive Director Steve Caudillo
Kellie Sherrill has resigned. She is pregnant again and her family is moving to Austin, TX.
Long time members Dan Regan and Scott Williams have resigned as well. We wish you all the best!
Classification of the Month:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 9, 2018 – 1:15pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim’s Board Room
1:15 PM K. GRAGSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: __X__K. Gragson (P) __X__J. Sawday (VP) __X__ V. Bunting (S/T) _X__ J. Beeler _X__T. Di Leo
____ R. Deeble __X__ K. Rodgers __X__C. Vane __X__ M. Thompson (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Outgoing Executive Director) __X__ S. Caudillo (Incoming Executive Director) __X__
1:15 PM K. GRAGSON MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the March 2018 Board Meeting?
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: M. Thompson Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion carries
1:20 PM J. BEELER FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for March 2018?
- Motion: K. Rodgers 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
1:25 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- There are no new applications at this time.
- Scott Williams and Dan Regan have resigned and attended their last meetings.
- Motion to approve the resignation of D. Regan and S. Williams and reopen the classifications of Small Commercial Printer and Attorney - Business Law?
- Motion: T. Di Leo 2nd: C. Vane Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion carries
- Tobin Mullen has been unreachable, has not paid dues or attended meetings for two quarters.
- Motion to terminate T. Mullen’s membership and reopen the classification of Solar?
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: T. Di Leo Discussion. All in favor? 8 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Carries
1:30 PM J. BEELER BUSINESS PROMOTION
Status report on the October event your committee is putting together: Next Monday they meet again to finalize speakers. Name of event: "Long Beach's Largest Mixer" Date is October 4th at 5:30
1:40 PM K. GRAGSON / S. CAUDILLO OLD & NEW BUSINESS
K. Sherrill was unable to reach C. Kotani regarding his advice on Quickbooks for S. Caudillo so she had him purchase Quickbooks online but it does not have as many features as the desktop version.
1:55 PM K. GRAGSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
The Next Board meeting is on Monday, May 9th at The Grand at 1:15pm in Jim’s Board Room.
2:05 PM K. GRAGSON ADJOURN