Bob has worked as a salesman for most of his adult life. He began in roof sales in the LA area and eventually began his own roofing company, Safeway Roofing. He has 3 beautiful daughters. One daughter passed away last year and the other two are running a successful up-and-coming clothing company. Bob is happy to be a consultant for them as needed.
Safeway Roofing has experience and expertise in all types of roofing except metal roofs. If you have a flat roof you will definitely want to give Bob a call. They now do a look of flat roof maintenance where they come out every one to two years and make sure all your seals and pipes are in good condition and pressure wash your roof. This greatly prolongs the life of a flat roof.
Hot asphalt and torch down are common types of flat roof applications that last a good 20 years. Safeway roofing can add silicon coatings as well and those have a 50 year warranty so Bob thinks you'll get 40 years out of it. Bob does not recommend you get a TPO roof. He is seeing them fail already and they are fairly new to the market. You are better off going with a PVC roof instead. Other types of roofs Safeway roofing specializes in are tile roofs (Spanish, ceramic, etc), Composite and Shake Roofs that are fire treated.
No matter what type of roof you have as long as it's not metal Bob can help you. He is an expert in his field and will give you a free estimate of your roof and advise you on what the best roof solution would be for you if you decide to replace it.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Josh Thomson of Thomson AC in the classification of Heating & Air.
Welcome Hugh Wolf of Speeder Imaging in the classification of Signs.
Other Membership News:
Executive Director, Kellie Sherrill has resigned. She is pregnant again and her family is moving to Austin, TX.
Classification of the Month:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 12, 2018 – 1:15pm | Board Meeting
Location: Jim’s Board Room
1:07 PM K. GRAGSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: __x__K. Gragson (P) __x__J. Sawday (VP) ___x_ V. Bunting (S/T) __x_ J. Beeler ___T. Di Leo
____ R. Deeble __x__ K. Rodgers __x__C. Vane ____ M. Thompson (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Executive Director) __x__
1:07 PM K. GRAGSON MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the February 2018 Joint Board Meeting?
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: J. Sawday Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0
1:20 PM J. BEELER FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for February 2018?
- Motion: J. Sawday 2nd: K. Rodgers Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0
1:25 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- There are no new applications at this time.
1:30 PM J. BEELER BUSINESS PROMOTION
- Status report on the October event your committee is putting together: Next Monday they meet again to finalize a name for the event and a headliner speaker. Possibly one of the ladies from the Port of Long Beach.
1:35 PM K. GRAGSON / K. SHERRILL OLD & NEW BUSINESS
- Kellie Sherrill has resigned because her family is moving out of state. She will be available to help train the new ED even if it’s remotely. Her last day will be Monday, April 9th, 2018.
- Motion to accept Kellie Sherrill’s resignation?
- Motion: J. Beeler 2nd: C. Vane Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 1
- J. Sawday has been added to the EALB dropbox, email and given all of the EALB digital files.
- K. Gragson will you store the EALB boxes of stuff until the new director is hired? Yes.
- I recommend we put together a Hiring Committee. M. Thompson, K. Gragson, J. Sawday and J. Beeler have agreed to be on the committee.
- Motion to create a hiring committee for the new Executive Director?
- Motion: K. Rodgers 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0
- J. Beeler will run a small ad in the Beachcomber for us this Friday.
- Attributes of ED: friendly, leader, Quickbooks savvy, technical skills for using email, dropbox and updating website weekly, strong backbone but no ego, honest, organized, on-time and responsive.
1:50 PM K. GRAGSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
- Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
- Kimberly wants to focus more on reminding members in a nice way that their attendance is important and may want to start an attendance committee.
- The Next Board meeting is on Monday, April 9th at The Grand at 1:15pm in Jim’s Board Room.
1:50 PM K. GRAGSON ADJOURN