George Marinos was our host and speaker at this week's meeting. TGIS Catering has been a member of the Execs since 1994 and originally began with Sofia Riley, the founder and George's sister as the member. Today George is the Executive member and his niece Elizabeth Riley is the associate member for TGIS in the classification of Catering. As you can see it's a family business and that goes back beyond Sofia. Their dad came to the United States in 1951 and was in the food business then too. George grew up in the kitchens but when attending college at USC decided to study accounting. He followed that path for years until Sofia's catering business was taking off and she asked him to come work with her. They have been going strong ever since and as everyone can attest to their food is more delicious and creative every year.
TGIS Catering does corporate events, like VIP Box Parties for the LA Rams, weekly lunches delivered for corporations that feed their employees, social events like weddings, Barmitzvas and funerals and charitable events for foundations raising money for their cause. They will cater a small dinner party or a party for hundreds. No event is too small and they are very creative when helping you plan your event and deciding on a menu.
A recent creative menu item they created was a beet apple dusted in pistachio with a goat cheese caramel sauce. This year they created spin art dinner plates where the paint was delicious flavored and brightly colored sauces spun on a plate to look like art work and topped with a slice steak and sides. Every plate was a unique work of art!
Percentage of Business Done with Execs Members: one member reported 23%
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Mary Loos of Bixby Neighbors in the classification of Magazine: Bixby Knolls.
Other Membership News:
Long time member Jack Dilday has passed away. Our sympathy goes out to his family.
Classification of the Month:
Featured Classification for November:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 13, 2017 – 1:30pm | Board Meeting
Location: Betty Reckas Cultural Center
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON OPEN MEETING
PRESENT: _x__M. Thompson (P) __x__K. Gragson (VP) ___x_J. Sawday (S/T)
__x__ R. Deeble ___x_S. Williams __x__ V. Bunting _x__ J. Beeler _x__T. Di Leo ___J. Choura (PP)
Others: K. Sherrill (Executive Director) __x__
1:30 PM M. THOMPSON MINUTES
- Motion to approve minutes from the October 2017 Board Meeting
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: R. Deeble Discussion.
- Giving a discount to new members is against the bylaws and should be done in Quickbooks as a $150 credit from the Membership Miscellaneous budget item to offset the regular price of $250.
- In favor: 9 Any Opposed: 0 Motion carries.
1:35 PM J. SAWDAY FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Motion to receive and file the financial reports for October 2017
- Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. In favor: 9 Any Opposed: 0 Motion Carries.
1:40 PM J. SAWDAY MEMBERSHIP
- Jack Dilday passed away and Frank Messano, his associate needs some time to get things in order. Due to the change in ownership the Bylaws state that he needs to go into a 30 day abeyance and reapply as the Executive Member.
- Motion to have Frank Messano of Dilday and Associates go into abeyance for 30 days and submit a new application with himself as the Executive member. Motion: R. Deeble 2nd: K. Gragson Discussion. In favor: 9 Any Opposed: 0 Motion carries.
- John Berg’s guest Hugh Wolf of Speed Pro Imaging is interested in joining but wants to attend one more meeting.
- Mary Loos attended her first meeting today as our newest member.
1:45 PM K. GRAGSON BUSINESS PROMOTION
- Committee report. Do you have a date for the event? No. Want a Thursday in May from 5-8pm. The event will be part mixer part trade show. The Business Promotion committee wants to go around to other businesses associations and promote our event. Non-members will be allowed to have a booth as long as they are not in competition with our members. They are hoping to get a guest speaker (either the Mayor or the Port). They want to raffle off an iPad or TV. This will be a free event.
- Christmas Party at the Long Beach Yacht Club. December 1st. Tickets are $75 pp and the Evites have been sent out. Thank you to Machelle Thompson, Vince Bunting, Jim Choura, Jay Beeler, Rusty Deeble, Jennifer Sawday and Kris Gragson for volunteering to be $200 table wine sponsors at the Christmas party. Kellie will add your framed logo and name to the table to say thank you. Kellie will order flowers from Allens Flower Market for the tables. We will do the 50/50 drawing but no other prizes or gifts. Tickets are $10 each. Machelle Thompson is giving us the gift of live music!
1:50 PM M. THOMPSON OLD & NEW BUSINESS
- Feedback on today’s annual revenue reports during the meeting. Overall very well received. We will make the rules clearer next year to keep the reports consistent. We will encourage more guests to attend next year. The one draw back of having it at this meeting is that the acoustics are bad at Betty Reckas and they do not have a cordless mic so it was very hard to hear.
- Each member give their feedback. All positive feelings at this time.
1:55 PM M. THOMPSON GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The Next Board meeting is on Monday, December 11th at The Grand at 1:30pm.
2:00 PM M. THOMPSON ADJOURN