Established in 1980 by John and Jan Doyle, The Belmont Athletic Club is a full-service fitness facility that is located in the heart of the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach and walking distance from shopping, restaurants, and the beach.
The Belmont is a true "community" club. The building was remodeled from a classic 1927 theater, of the same name, into a multilevel, open beam, 25,000 square foot health club. The club is a friendly and unique exercise and social experience. The mission of The Belmont Athletic Club is to ensure that our members attain their fitness goals while having fun.
John Doyle was born in Philadelphia, PA and was the youngest of 10 children. From a young age he had a passion for sports and a keen mind for business. John graduated from Bowling Green with multiple degrees and played baseball as well. After college he moved to California and after working for a couple of different jobs his love of Racquetball sent him down an arduous path to becoming a sports club owner. This need led he and his late wife Jan to opening the 20,000 square foot Circle Racquetball Courts. In 1980 they opened The Belmont Athletic Club. John and his late wife Jan have 3 kids and 3 grandchildren. Jan passed away in 2017 and in 2018 he was reunited with his high school sweetheart Karen and not soon after they were married.
John Doyle further described insight into how The Belmont Athletic Club has adapted to the times and a few reasons why you should join the club. The Belmont Athletic Club originally started with mostly racquetball courts then has adapted to aerobatics room by removing a racquetball court. They later removed another court to add a cardio theater. Slowly more courts were removed to add Pilates and spinning rooms. To combat injuries, they added a physical therapy room and weight rooms. A juice bar was added just recently and they are close to adding more space for a high impact training room.
John provided a few reasons why to join the club. First it is in a convenient area; it is right on 2nd street. It is also a great way to de-stress and live a heathier lifestyle. They offer classes through out the day not just evenings. John also mentioned two unique reasons for joining is because they have child care and it also has a pub; Murphy’s is upstairs!
If you have been procrastinating about getting up and exercising, don’t delay anymore. Go see John Doyle at Belmont Athletic Club and find out why so many of our own members have joined and are long time members.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Please welcome Vinny Bunting as an associate to CH Topping Brakes
Other Membership News:
Classification of the Month:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
Executives Association of Long Beach
July Meeting Agenda
August 12th, 2019 – 11:30 am
Location: The Grand
11:30 AM J. Sawday ROLL CALL
PRESENT: __x__J. Sawday (P) __x__ J. Beeler (VP) __x__ E. Speier (S/T)
_x__ V. Bunting x___T. Di Leo _x__E. Riley x H. Desh ____ K. Gragson (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _x___
11:35 AM J. Sawday MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from July 2019 Board Meeting?
· Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: J. Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion approved
11:40 AM E. Speier FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for July 2019?
· Motion: T. DiLeo 2nd: J. Sawday Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes
11:45 AM J. Beeler MEMBERSHIP
· No New memberships at this time.
11:50 AM Eric Speier BUSINESS PROMOTION
· Update on Mixer
· Nathan Whittacre for an topic
· Wanda Allen- marketing and following up on leads
· Nathan for MC
· Meeting next week at showcase
11:55 AM J. Sawday / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· The IEA Conference is coming up in September in Edmonton Alberta for Eric Speier. For the trip it is estimated $1000 to cover the fee for the conference, hotel, and flights. The Execs can’t cover the full amount of the trip though we do have money in the budget to allocate $500 for the trip.
· Motion to allocate $1000 to Eric for the IEA Conference?
· Motion: V. Bunting 2nd: E. Riley Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes
12:00 PM J. Sawday GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is September 9th at 11:30 at The Grand.
12:05 PM J. Sawday ADJOURN