George Marinos and Elizabeth Riley hosted this week's meeting at the Betty Reckas Center . TGIS Catering has been a member of the Execs since 1994 and originally began with Sofia Riley, the founder and George's sister. Now George is the Executive member and along with his niece Elizabeth. Their dad came to the United States in 1951 and was in the food business then too. George grew up in kitchens but when attending college at USC decided to study accounting. He was then in the entertainment industry for years until Sofia asked him to come work and with her. They have been going strong ever since and as everyone can agree that their food gets more delicious and creative every year. Unfortunately George and Elizabeth could not join us this year as their father/grandfather passed away.
George and Elizabeth treated the Execs to a wonderful Thanksgiving meal as an example to us how those techniques they use actually taste. The entire meal of turkey, ham, veggies, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin bread was delicious.
When looking for someone to cater for the holidays, look no further then T.G.I.S. The customer service is wonderful and they will work with you to create an amazing menu that will fulfill you and your guest expectations.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Please welcome Vinny Bunting as an associate to CH Topping Brakes
Other Membership News:
December 6th Holiday Party at Monte Verde Park in Lakewood at 5pm.
December 16 Holiday Gift Exchange
George Marino's of T.G.I.S, and Elizabeth Riley father/grandfather passed away this past week. Please keep their family in your thoughts.
Classification of the Month:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
Executives Association of Long Beach
November Meeting Agenda
November 18th, 2019
Location: Betty Reckas Center
11:00 AM J. Sawday ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _x_J. Sawday (P) _x_ J. Beeler (VP) _x_ E. Speier (S/T)
_x_ V. Bunting _x_T. Di Leo ___E. Riley H. Desh _x_ K. Gragson (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _x__
11:15 AM J. Sawday MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from October Board Meeting?
· Motion: E. Speier 2nd: J, Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:20 AM E. Speier FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for October?
· Motion: E. Speier 2nd: J. Sawday Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
11:25 AM J. Beeler MEMBERSHIP
· No New memberships at this time.
· We tabled a motion to close out the classification of retirement planner.
· Motion to close out the classification of Retirement Planner for Financial Advisor?
· Motion: E. Speier 2nd: J. Sawday Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 1 Motion Passes
· Jim Nesmith has decided to sell his business and end his executive member and go honorary the beginning of the year. I will follow up closer to the date to make sure he is no longer attached to his business
· Notes in regards to membership during the last meeting. Please take a look and discuss so we can put a plan in place.
· Executive Director will take the ideas from the board and put a proposal into place.
11:40 AM Eric Speier BUSINESS PROMOTION
· Next business promotion meeting?
· Notes from the members in regards to the mixer
· Need a report from the mixer for next meeting.
11:55 AM J. Sawday / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· Elections for board members are coming up. We will be replacing Tom Di Leo, and Vince Bunting. Will also need to need 4 new board members. Any suggestions on who to ask first?
· Tom DiLeo would like to stay on for another term
12:00 PM J. Sawday GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is December 9th at 11:30 at The Grand.
12:05 PM J. Sawday ADJOURN