For over 50 years TLD Law has been serving clients as a full-service law firm. They handle Corporate Counsel, family law, estate planning, probate and everything in between. TLD Law has two flag ship offices in Long Beach and in Irvine, along with two satellite offices in Downey and Beverly Hills and 20 attorneys to assist in any legal matters except criminal. They have recently received the awards of being WBENC and NAMWOLF certified.
Jennifer Sawday received her law degree from Loyola Law and was admitted into the Bar in 2002. She currently resides in Long Beach with her husband, two daughters, 3 cats and two dogs. Jennifer is a partner at TLD Law who primarily serves matters related to probate, trusts, estate planning, conservatorships, guardianship and related litigation. She also handles pre and post death administration for clients serving as personal representatives, executors and trustees for trusts and estates. Jennifer has been a member since 2014 and has served on our Board of Directors. She is also our most recent past EALB President..
Jennifer gives us an update on the Orange County and LA county courts and when they might be opening up. She also talks about the 4 important legal documents that you need for your estate plan. Please see the video below.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
Please stay safe and follow sanitary protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to use Zoom for your weekly meetings going forward.
Our website has been updated to send leads in real time. Click on the the "Got Leads?" button the the top right of the Execs website. Click who the lead is going to and your name and a message.
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Julia LaPlount of Senior Helpers under the classification of Home Care - Geriatric/Care Managers & Care Givers.
Other Membership News:
Bob Cook has resigned from Execs, the classification of Printing - Small commercial is now open.
When you refer a new member, you can have a choice in one of two options
1. Have your dues waived for one quarter.
2. Have your dues, as well as the new members dues cut in half for one quarter.
New member has to be in good standing for the first 6 months to receive the promotion.
We have introduced a new type of membership.
Dues are $150 per quarter
Pays $50 initiation fee to cover badge and T-shirt expense
Pays $18 for lunch at each meeting attended
May give and receive leads and give classification talks
No attendance requirement; may attend showcase and special events
Entitled to any open classification; no exclusive classification entitlement
Listed in roster and on web as affiliate member – classification and name only
Not a voting member and not board eligible
One-year limit as affiliate member; must become an executive member thereafter
Classification of the Month:
Traveling? Call Pat Ellington for toady's hot deals.
PGA West La Quinta Condo. Call Jim Nesmith for details (562) 900-2230.
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
June Meeting Agenda
June 8th, 2020
Location: VIA Zoom
11:30 AM J. Beeler ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _x_J. Beeler (P) _x_ E. Speier (VP) _x_ T. DiLeo (S/T)
_x_ E. Riley H. Desh __x_ M. Loos _x J. Skovgard _x_ J. Sawday (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _x__
11:30 AM J. Beeler Minutes
· Motion to approve minutes from May Board Meeting?
· Motion: M. Loos 2nd: E. Speier Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes
11:35 AM T. DiLeo Financial Reports
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for May?
· Motion: T. DiLeo 2nd: E. Speier Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes
11:40 AM E. Speier MEMBERSHIP
· No new memberships at this time.
· Peter Godden was able to pay his dues for last quarter to keep his membership current.
· The board was asked to call the individuals not showing up to meetings. Any feedback?
11:45 AM E. Riley BUSINESS PROMOTION
· Notes from last meeting.
· Announce a list of classifications we want the members to be looking out for
· Create a social media campaign.
· Have another member go with ED to meet with prospective members.
· Next meeting date is June 15th
11:50 AM J. Beeler / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· Update from E. Speier on IEA conference dues? Will follow up by next meeting.
· Membership drive, we will need 6 new members this quarter
· Survey response for returning back to The Grand
· 75% of membership would like to go back to The Grand
· Need more information from The Grand on how social distancing will work.
· Steven’s concerns
12:00 PM J. Beeler GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is July 13th at 11:30.
12:05 PM J. Beeler ADJOURN