This Since 1916, Executives Associations have spread from city to city, started by successful business men and women sharing industry news with others and seeking new ways to gain an edge on their competition. Executive Associations now operate in major citys through the U.S. and Canada, as well as in England, Switzerland, South Africa and beyond. Today, there are over 110 official Executive Associations across the globe, establishing the prestigious Executive Association web which represents over 5,000 member firms.
Lisa became Managing Director of the IEA in January after serving on the IEA Board of Directors. She is also the Executive Director of the Charlotte chapter for almost 10 years. Recently, Lisa organized the IEA conference in Charlotte in 2018. This week Lisa spoke to our members about their IEA benefits.
Please see the video below.
We are excited to announce that starting October 5th we will begin hybrid meetings. We will continue Zoom and go back to The Grand at limited capacity. We are reserving 25 spaces for members and potential members. If you would like to reserve a spot to meet please let me know by the Friday before the meeting. Since we are limited; if you reserve a spot and call in on Monday instead you will be charged $20 for not attending the meeting in person. The association has also put protocols into place to keep you, other members and guest safe. We will ask you to sign a waiver every meeting you attend and you will be required to have you temperature taken and mask on (except for sitting and eating lunch). Please adhere to our protocols or you will be asked to leave the meeting. We are looking forward to being able to present these options to you so we can be together in person and through Zoom.
We are going to Meetings will now begin at 12pm. I will open the meeting at 11:30am They will end at 1pm.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
Please stay safe and follow sanitary protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to use Zoom for your weekly meetings going forward.
Our website has been updated to send leads in real time. Click on the the "Got Leads?" button the the top right of the Execs website. Click who the lead is going to and your name and a message.
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Joseph Paguio as an affiliate member under the open classification of Photographer.
Other Membership News:
When you refer a new member, you can have a choice in one of two options
1. Have your dues waived for one quarter.
2. Have your dues, as well as the new members dues cut in half for one quarter.
New member has to be in good standing for the first 6 months to receive the promotion.
We have introduced a new type of membership.
Dues are $150 per quarter
Pays $50 initiation fee to cover badge and T-shirt expense
Pays $18 for lunch at each meeting attended
May give and receive leads and give classification talks
No attendance requirement; may attend showcase and special events
Entitled to any open classification; no exclusive classification entitlement
Listed in roster and on web as affiliate member – classification and name only
Not a voting member and not board eligible
One-year limit as affiliate member; must become an executive member thereafter
Classification of the Month:
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
September Meeting Agenda
September 14th, 2020
Location: VIA Zoom
11:30 AM J. Beeler ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _x_J. Beeler (P) _x_ E. Speier (VP) __ T. DiLeo (S/T)
x H. Desh _x_ M. Loos x_ J. Skovgard _x_ J. Sawday (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) __x_
11:30 AM J. Beeler MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from August Board Meeting?
· Motion: E. Speier 2nd: M. Loos Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0
11:35 AM T. DiLeo FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for August?
· Motion: T. DiLeo 2nd: J. Beeler Discussion. All in favor? 6 Any Opposed? 0
11:40 AM E. Speier MEMBERSHIP
· No new memberships at this time.
· Waiving attendance for the year
11:45 AM TBD BUSINESS PROMOTION
· The Committee is on hold until we can meet again.
11:50 AM J. Beeler / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· Return back to The Grand in October.
· Review the financials for next quarter with the return to The Grand
· Will keep using Zoom for the members that don’t feel comfortable coming back
· Will implement own protocols like waivers, temperature checks and mask. Members will be socially distant at tables as well.
· Members will be asked to leave if they cannot follow
· Limited space for meetings at 25 member or potential members
· Will need to RSVP. If a member RSVP and calls out on Monday they will be charges $20
· Motion to return back to The Grand October 5th?
· Motion: J. Beeler 2nd: J. Skovgard Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion Passes
12:00 PM J. Beeler GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is October 19th at 11:30.12:05 PM J. Beeler ADJOURN