J&D Contractors has been in business for 40 years. The goal at J&D is to provide prompt quality service that meets and exceeds their customer's expectations. They are committed to providing responsive and personal service to all of their customers.
J&D was orginally started by James Jones in 1980 as Jim's Plumbing. In 1984 Jim partnered with Robert Mungo and incorporated J&D Plumbing. Jim's daughter Diana has been involved with the business since she was a teenager and in 2014 took over for her father. Diana has been an Execs member since 2013.
Diana gave us insight in what J&D offers as a plumbing business and what kind of referrals they are looking for.
Please see the video below.
Nov 16th we will be doing a all Zoom Thanksgiving Luncheon hosted by TGIS.
We are going to Meetings will now begin at 12pm. I will open the meeting at 11:30am They will end at 1pm. Nov 23rd we are dark, and Nov. 30 we are back to our hybrid meetings at The Grand.
Remember to invite guests to keep our membership continually growing!
Please stay safe and follow sanitary protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to use Zoom for your weekly meetings going forward.
Our website has been updated to send leads in real time. Click on the the "Got Leads?" button the the top right of the Execs website. Click who the lead is going to and your name and a message.
1st Classification Postings:
2nd Classification Postings:
Welcome New Members:
Welcome Joseph Paguio as an affiliate member under the open classification of Photographer.
Other Membership News:
When you refer a new member, you can have a choice in one of two options
1. Have your dues waived for one quarter.
2. Have your dues, as well as the new members dues cut in half for one quarter.
New member has to be in good standing for the first 6 months to receive the promotion.
We have introduced a new type of membership.
Dues are $150 per quarter
Pays $50 initiation fee to cover badge and T-shirt expense
Pays $18 for lunch at each meeting attended
May give and receive leads and give classification talks
No attendance requirement; may attend showcase and special events
Entitled to any open classification; no exclusive classification entitlement
Listed in roster and on web as affiliate member – classification and name only
Not a voting member and not board eligible
One-year limit as affiliate member; must become an executive member thereafter
Classification of the Month:
Board Meeting Minutes:
EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION OF LONG BEACH
November Meeting Agenda
November 9th, 2020
Location: VIA Zoom
11:00 AM J. Beeler ROLL CALL
PRESENT: _x_J. Beeler (P) _x_ E. Speier (VP) _x_ T. DiLeo (S/T)
H. Desh __x_ M. Loos x_ J. Skovgard __ J. Sawday (PP)
Others: S. Caudillo (Executive Director) _x__
11:00 AM J. Beeler MINUTES
· Motion to approve minutes from September Board Meeting?
· Motion: T. DiLeo 2nd: M. Loos Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0
11:05 AM T. DiLeo FINANCIAL REPORTS
· Motion to receive and file the financial reports for September and October?
· Motion: T. DiLeo 2nd: J. Skovgard Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes
11:15 AM E. Speier MEMBERSHIP
· No new memberships at this time.
· Will be pushing for new members in the coming weeks
11:20 AM TBD BUSINESS PROMOTION
· The Committee is on hold until we can meet again.
11:25 AM J. Beeler / S. Caudillo OLD & NEW BUSINESS
· Eric Bloomer and looked at the numbers again for this quarter. After taking out a few expenses, we will make over a $1500 profit. I have attached the financial break down.
· Next year we are looking to fill 3 vacant seats on the Board. Any suggestions?
· Due to the pandemic it is unlikely we will be having a holiday party and gift exchange this year.
· Motion to cancel holiday party and gift exchange?
Motion: J. Beeler 2nd: J. Skovgard Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes.
Proposal to allow outside business to promote themselves through the association. We would charge a fee of $ dollars to promote themselves by speaking to the association.
· Motion to allow outside business promote themselves for a fee?
Motion: J. Beeler 2nd: E. Speier Discussion. All in favor? 5 Any Opposed? 0 Motion passes.
11:30 AM J. Beeler GOOD OF THE ASSOCIATION
· Comments from each member on their current evaluation of the state of the EALB.
· The next board meeting is December 14th at 11:30.